As a leading advocate for distraction-free driving Shreya R. Dixit Memorial Foundation invites applications for a $200 grant to defray Driver-Ed tuition costs.
The program is open for residents of Minnesota and Connecticut. The foundation’s Grant Program Committee will evaluate entries and select awardees.
There is no age restriction for the applicants.
- Enroll in or have completed a driver-ed program at a state approved Driving School to obtain the Drivers’ License
- Sign up for BOTH classroom and behind the wheel training
Award and Obligations
- The $200 check will be remitted directly to the driver education provider to defray the cost of driver education program tuition
- Preference to applicants with a financial need will be given to 50% of scholarship awards
- Awardees are encouraged to attend the Shreya R. Dixit Memorial Foundation 5K-10K walk/run for distraction-free driving. The event takes place on the first Saturday in August.
Required documents to be submitted with the application:
1. A document (200 words) describing the new and unique responsibilities that accompany becoming a licensed driver.
2. A creative/innovative/compelling artifact or a team activity.
Examples include: an essay (300-500 words), poem, audio, video, graphic art, team project to address the following:
a. Driving is a responsibility.
b. It requires decisions that can seriously impact the driver, passengers, and other drivers on the road.
c. Always make the right decision behind the wheel.
d. Identify and make effort to avoid any distractions while driving.
e. A number of factors affect a driver’s ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
f. Things that can be done to influence peers, co-workers, parents, seniors to avoid risky driving behaviors due to:
i. Physical and visual distractions inside and/or outside of the vehicle
3. One letter of recommendation from your teacher or driver-ed instructor.
4. List any academic honors, memberships, offices held, extra-curricular activities, volunteer work, community service, etc.
5. Describe special justification due to financial needs.
Please submit the application by mail to:
Shreya R. Dixit Memorial Foundation
17535 Alcove Circle
Eden Prairie, MN 55347
Please enclose the following:
☐ Completed application form
☐ Artifact/Essay etc.
☐ Letter of recommendation
☐ Special Honors
☐ Financial Need Justification
Application Deadline: May 1
Selection Date: May 15
Course Duration: July 1 - December 31
Application Deadline: November 1
Selection Date: November 15
Course Duration: January 1 - June 30