Shreya R. Dixit Memorial Foundation funds multiple $200 stipends to help needy youth defray the cost of their Driver Ed classes. The funds are available on a first-come-first-served basis. You should be registered either in a current or future driver-ed class.
How you may qualify?
- Residents of Minnesota or Connecticut all ages may apply
- Already enrolled or planning to enroll in a state approved in-class and behind the wheel drivers’ education program
- Grant applications will be reviewed by a sub-committee with recommendations for approval by Shreya R. Dixit Foundation board members
- 50 % of the grant money awarded to those with a financial need
- Grant funds will be remitted directly to the driver education provider
- Awardees are encouraged to attend the annual Shreya R. Dixit Memorial Foundation walk held in the fall on the first Saturday of August. Please visit SHREYADIXIT.ORG for the date
Submit the application for the scholarship as outlined below
- Write a one page written essay (300-500 words) on how you would integrate distraction-free driving into your daily life after securing the license
- You may elect to create a work of art (visual or musical) communicating the importance of distraction-free driving and its impact on the society
- Increase your chance of receiving the scholarship by being creative in your offering
- Get a letter of recommendation from a non-family member (preferably your teacher) about your motivation and commitment to the cause of distraction-free driving
- To be considered as a need based applicant, please describe your personal situation to help justify why you qualify on the needs basis
- Do not send grade reports or personal data for confidentiality reasons; if necessary we will reach out to you for additional information
- Provide your contact e-mail, phone number, and name of your driving school with their contact information
- For additional details call us at 612 759 3384, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
contact us by mail:
Shreya R. Dixit Memorial Foundation
17535 Alcove Circle
Eden Prairie, MN 55347
We will continue to deploy our resources to spread the message of distraction-free driving across communities.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.