Our new initiative helps needy youth with stipends to defray cost of their Driver Ed classes. The board of Shreya R. Dixit Memorial Foundation has allocated thirty (30) $200 stipends for driver-ed students registered in a state approved program. The funds are available on a first-come-first-served basis. You should be registered either in a current or future driver-ed class.
What is the driver-ed stipend?
- Thirty $200.00 stipends will be awarded per/year
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed by a sub-committee with recommendations for approval by Shreya R. Dixit Foundation board members
- Preference to applicants with a financial need will be given to 50% of scholarship awards
- Scholarship funds will be remitted directly to the driver education provider
- Awardees are encouraged to attend the annual Shreya R. Dixit Memorial Foundation walk held in the fall on the first Saturday of August. Please visit SHREYADIXIT.ORG for the date
Who are eligible?
Applicants for the Dixit Foundation Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Residents of Minnesota or Connecticut all ages may apply
- Already enrolled or planning to enroll in a state approved in-class and behind the wheel drivers’ education program
- Submit the application for the scholarship as outlined below
- You may apply for the award any time; there is no due date
What should I do to apply?
- Write a one page written essay (300-500 words) on how you would you integrate distraction-free driving into your daily life after securing the license
- You may elect to create a work of art (visual or musical) communicating the importance of distraction-free driving and its impact on the society
- Increase your chance of receiving the scholarship by being creative in your offering
- Get a letter of recommendation from a non-family member (preferably your teacher) about your motivation and commitment to the cause of distraction-free driving
- To be considered as a need based applicant, please describe your personal situation to help justify why you qualify on the needs basis
- Do not send grade reports or personal data for confidentiality reasons; if necessary we will reach out to you for additional information
- Provide your contact e-mail, phone number, and name of your driving school with their contact information
- e-mail the application to email@example.com
or mail to:
Shreya R. Dixit Memorial Foundation
17535 Alcove Circle
Eden Prairie, MN 55347the above address.
We will continue to deploy our resources to spread the message of distraction-free driving across communities.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.